How we pick our products
Roller skating is a fun activity from the past that everyone can enjoy. This sport is very versatile; you can skate outside on the road or inside in a skating rink. If you are reading this article you are probably interested in roller skating, or maybe you have tried rollerblades, but they are a bit too difficult for you. Whatever the reason may be, it is time to buy a pair.
We have created this article to teach you everything you need to know about roller skates and to make your purchase easy and convenient. We want you to be able to enjoy your skates as soon as possible. You will have so much fun with your friends or family, in the city or on the beach, and at the same time, you will be doing exercise and keeping your body healthy.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Rollers Skates on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Roller Skates
- 3.1 What are roller blades exactly?
- 3.2 What types of roller skates are there?
- 3.3 Should I buy roller skates or rollerblades?
- 3.4 What wheels should I use with my roller skates?
- 3.5 What size of roller skates should I get?
- 3.6 What precautions should I take when roller skating?
- 3.7 Is there a difference between women’s roller skates and men’s roller skates?
- 3.8 How do I clean my roller skates?
- 3.9 What benefits come with roller skating?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Roller skates have four wheels, two in the front and two in the back.
- Roller skates are great for artistic roller skating, hockey, or even skating outdoors.
- You should keep in mind the diameter of the skates and how sturdy they are when making your purchase.
Our Selection: The Best Rollers Skates on the U.S. Market
Roller skating is a classic and elegant sport with a retro style, truly a blast from the past. These items make a lot of people feel quite nostalgic. If you are starting this sport for the first time, roller skates are much safer than rollerblades and they will help you stay in shape. We know that there are a lot of these items on the market, so, to help you with your purchase, we have picked four of our favorites that you can buy directly from Amazon.
- The Best Leather Roller skates
- The Best Roller Skates for Girls
- The Most Colorful Roller Skates for Women and Girls
- The Best Men’s Roller Skates
The Best Leather Roller skates
If you love the classic roller skating look, this pair is perfect for you. This model keeps the vintage look with a huge variety of different colors. They come in sizes for adults and children and the material is very sturdy, light, and can be used for recreational use or by professionals.
The Best Roller Skates for Girls
If you have a daughter, niece, or granddaughter that dreams of being a roller skater, this would be the perfect gift. Due to its ergonomic design, this will not hurt her feet and will let her skate for as long as she wants. The colors and textures of each pair are different than other models on the market.
The Most Colorful Roller Skates for Women and Girls
The third item on our list comes from a very popular brand on the U.S. market. If you love to be stylish and show off your roller skates, this is the model for you. They come with 12 different colors for you to choose from based on your style and personality. This pair of skates are very sturdy and high-quality.
The Best Men’s Roller Skates
The last pair of skates are sturdier and stronger than other models. They are meant for male users but can be unisex. This pair has a very simple look: the boots are a solid black and the wheels are a dark blue.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Roller Skates
If you want to stay in shape, but you hate running or going to the gym, you might want to consider roller skating. You will have so much fun and, when you are having fun, it is easier to stay motivated. If you have decided to start this new sport, you must understand some key facts. We have answered some of the most commonly asked questions below to help you make the best purchase possible.
What are roller blades exactly?
What types of roller skates are there?
- Indoor: These skates are great for tricks, artistic roller skating, and freestyle.
- Speed: This model is made to go faster.
- Original: You can use these roller skates for general use. They have a very retro style and are not as fast as rollerblades. They are also very comfortable.
- Outside: These skates are often used for roller hockey. The wheel is much softer than other types.
- Recreational: This type of roller skates is for all ages. The wheel can be hard or soft. Recreational roller skates with softer wheels are usually meant for outside use. The models that have harder wheels are meant for indoors.
Should I buy roller skates or rollerblades?
Remember that roller skates are versatile, as we explained above. You can use these items for hockey, outdoor skating, artistic skating, and much more. You can even do tricks on these skates, although it will take more practice.
What wheels should I use with my roller skates?
You should keep in mind that the harder your wheels are, the more they absorb shock. However, harder wheels are also more difficult to use, as they require more energy to get them moving. If you are roller skating on a very smooth surface, you need harder wheels. You also need to consider your weight, as this affects the level of hardness.
We suggest that you look for wheels with a diameter of around 2.5 to 3 inches. The size of the wheels depends on the terrain you will use them on, your weight, and your level of experience. If you plan on roller skating in a park, you should get a small wheel; these go much faster. Buy skates with big wheels if you plan on skating on the road, as this type absorbs much more shock and will help you keep your balance.
What size of roller skates should I get?
Remember that when it comes to roller skating, comfort is key. Skates usually fit tighter than shoes, so our advice is that you buy one size bigger than your actual shoe size. However, If this is your first time buying skates, it is very important to look at the guide provided in the product description.
What precautions should I take when roller skating?
Is there a difference between women’s roller skates and men’s roller skates?
How do I clean my roller skates?
Although this step is only necessary if you use your roller skates quite frequently, take the wheels of every once in a while and clean them with a wet rag as well. Make sure to put them back correctly; note that the order does not matter.
If you start to feel that your skates shake or vibrate when you are using them, it is time to wash the bearings. This should only happen every three or four months. To do this, you will need to purchase a bearing puller. Don’t try to pull them off without this tool. Use a small brush and degreasing liquid, and they will be good as new. Finally, you need to dry them off, then apply two drops of oil before putting them back on.
What benefits come with roller skating?
- You won’t even notice that you are exercising. You will have so much fun while keeping your body healthy at the same time. When skating, you can burn more than 300 calories a day without even realizing it. This activity will also help you to tone your glutes and legs. Remember that the number of calories you burn depends on how fast you go and how much your exercise.
- Like all other sports, roller skating will help you relax and disconnect. Once you put on your skates, you will need to pay attention to every movement, the people around you, and what way you are going. This concentration will distract you from your daily problems and works as a type of meditation. You will come out of it feeling mentally relaxed.
- This sport can stimulate your senses and help you meet new people. If you are new to skating, you will probably start meeting other roller skaters. This can be very fun and exciting. Roller skating is also a great option to spend quality time with the whole family.
If you have made it this far in the article, the nostalgia has won you over, and you have decided to buy a brand new pair of roller skates. Congratulations! They are more comfortable and safer than rollerblades, and you will look super cool as they have such a retro, vintage style. However, there are a few more factors that you should consider that will help you make the best purchase possible. The following is a list of shopping criteria that we have provided for you:
You need to keep in mind the age of the user when purchasing a pair of skates. There are different skates depending on if the user is an adult or a child. Of course, the sizes will be completely different. If you are buying skates for your child, you might want to keep in mind that they will continue growing, and you may have to buy a new size next year.
Level of Experience
Your level of experience will determine the type of bearings and wheels. Although roller skates are much more stable and slower than rollerblades, make sure you don’t go too fast until you get used to them. If you are buying skates for a small child, there is always the option of getting them a pair of walking skates.
View this post on Instagram
Did you catch our new mission statement video premiere @wftda champs??? Here it is! 💫 “Planet Roller Skate is on a mission to share skating with the UNIVERSE! We provide resources and information that help turn that spark of inspiration, into ACTION. Why? Well, because for us, more skaters means a better world. We know it’s not always easy to try something new. That’s why we’ve made more than 120 free video tutorials to help answer all your skate questions step-by-step. Whether you’re hitting the rink, joint the roller derby, or dropping in at the local skate park for the very first time. Planet Roller Skate is here for you. To keep you safe, educated, and empowered. Until next time, later skaters!” 💫💖💫 #planetrollerskate #rollerskate #rollerskating #themission #wftda #wftdachamps FEATURING @karenthekarrot @iam.everygirl @mermskates @indyjammajones @olivia.wardlow @kianayouwanna @quinneforreal @pigeonskate @your_social_media_lawyer @indyjammajones @_cecilia_andrea_ @dirtydeborahharry @stormskater @abominatrix @morganweske @s1rollerskate @hot.garbage @kenziesummercarr @queergirlstraightskates @fat_girl_has_moxi
Since the quality determines the cost of the roller skates you purchase, they can be between 30 to 250 dollars. You need to decide what type of skating you are going to practice, and choose depending on that. If you are a beginner, we recommend that you get original roller skates that you can use on the road or in a skating rink.
Roller skates are great for skaters who are beginners and find rollerblades too difficult. The nostalgia and vintage-style that come with using these items is a plus. They are comfortable and you can use them to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, spend time with the family, and exercise all at the same time! After all, skating is so much fun.
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about rollerblades. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using a pair? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of featured image: Иван Река: 62334716/ 123rf.com)