How we pick our products
Because of the various diseases that have been occurring lately, and the weakening of the environment, many people prefer to consume foods and natural products that give them peace of mind when using them, ensuring a healthier lifestyle and a healthier environmental state.
In this case, we will talk about natural deodorants, essential elements in personal hygiene that allow you to be calm when you sweat, as they offer the same effectiveness of typical deodorants, are free of chemicals, and bet on the environment. If you want to know more, we invite you to join us in reading this article.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Natural Deodorants on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Natural Deodorants
- 3.1 What are natural deodorants?
- 3.2 What are the advantages of using natural deodorants?
- 3.3 What is the difference between a natural deodorant and a commercial deodorant?
- 3.4 What are the risks of using commercial deodorants for a long time?
- 3.5 What is the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant?
- 3.6 What are the most common ingredients to make a natural deodorant?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Natural deodorants can be obtained from a shop specializing in natural cosmetics or can be manufactured at home.
- They are not expensive and offer the same effectiveness as chemical deodorants.
- When choosing a natural deodorant, it is very important to take into account criteria such as: the composition of this, whether it is effective in controlling sweat and odor, the laboratory that manufactures it, the presentation of the product (roll – on, stick, cream or ingot) and the price.
Our Selection: The Best Natural Deodorants on the U.S. Market
Around the world, several laboratories offer natural products for the care of your body and everything related to hygiene. We have selected the five best natural deodorants, taking into account the opinion of people who have used them and the statements of health experts.
- The Best Reviewed Natural Deodorant on Amazon
- The Best Natural Deodorant With Magnesium and Green Tea
- The Best Natural Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
- The Best Vegan Natural Deodorant
The Best Reviewed Natural Deodorant on Amazon
This deodorant is 100% natural, as it does not contain parabens, aluminum chloride, alcohol, or perfume. It is ideal for limiting perspiration and controlling unpleasant odors. It is recommended to apply after the shower with wet skin. Among its benefits are to reaffirm the skin, acts against inflamed pores, and offer a natural shave.
The Best Natural Deodorant With Magnesium and Green Tea
100 % natural deodorant, free of aluminum salts, preservatives, dyes, perfumes, synthetics, and petrochemical substances, guaranteeing 24-hour protection. It is composed of essential oils of pomegranate seed husk, licorice root extract, and hamamelis distilled water. Its aroma has hints of orange, lavender and vanilla.
This deodorant has antimicrobial properties, which neutralize and prevent body odors, making it useful when doing sport. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not worry, this product does not plug the pores, allowing you to maintain a natural regulation of your skin.
The Best Natural Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
Lavilin Bio Balance Natural Deodorant Bar is considered one of the favorites by those who choose to buy chemical-free and environmentally friendly products, as it is one of the best-selling products on the market. Its formulation makes it useful since it has a duration of protection that goes up to 72 hours.
This deodorant is unisex and has not been tested on animals; it is characterized by its fresh aroma and by having natural active ingredients that protect the skin and are free of parabens, alcohol, and aluminum; its formulation is composed of plant extracts, probiota, vitamins and minerals.
The Best Vegan Natural Deodorant
Natural deodorant in roll-on presentation, which does not block the pores of the skin because it does not contain alcohol or aluminum. Its powerful aroma of sandalwood and chamomile is soft and refreshing; it also has antibacterial properties, which ensure good protection against bad odor. Product 100% guaranteed with Non – Food Certification.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Natural Deodorants
What are natural deodorants?
What are the advantages of using natural deodorants?
- Health: You bet on healthy lifestyle habits, which allow your body to be in better condition, since it is not exposed to chemicals.
- Well-being: Pounds your body of diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, seizures, kidney problems and bone.
- Environment: You guarantee a cleaner environment, since you are not contributing to the manufacture of chemical products that alter the development of nature.
- Versatility: There are several presentations of deodorants that focus on the needs of various organisms.
- Price: Products within everyone’s reach and easily found in natural pharmacies and the Internet.
What is the difference between a natural deodorant and a commercial deodorant?
|Criteria||Natural deodorant||Commercial deodorant|
|Composition||Composed of 100% natural ingredients||Its composition uses chemicals.|
|Ingredients||The ingredients most used to create them are: Aloe Vera, walnut leaves, alum stone, vinegar, lemon, coconut oil, jojoba and tea tree essential oil, among others.||Most common ingredients are: 1.4 dioxane, parabens, phthalates, perfumes and preservatives, among others.|
|Price||They are generally inexpensive||There are several presentations offering various prices.|
|Elaboration at home||They can be elaborated at home||They are difficult to elaborate at home.|
What are the risks of using commercial deodorants for a long time?
- 1,4 Dioxane: highly flammable liquid used as a solvent in the production of various products found on the market such as inks, paints, varnishes, paper, pesticides, deodorants, and other personal care items. According to Clu-in.org, a web page operated by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), the 1,4 Dioxane “is considered as a carcinogen, according to animal studies.”
- Parabens: Preservatives that are commonly used in personal care products such as bath products, deodorants, moisturizers, and toothpaste, among others, to ensure the effectiveness of these. There are natural parabens (produced by some fruits) and synthetic parabens, the latter being the most used in the pharmaceutical and personal care industry. Product components include: butylparaben, methylparaben and propylparaben.
- Phthalates: All-pervasive pollutants in our body, associated with various health difficulties, among the most common are the attack on the endocrine system and delay in the development of the testicles. They are the opposite of BPA (Bisphenol A) since they are used to give flexibility to packaging. In addition to this function, they are also used as an ingredient in the components of personal care products. In the case of deodorants, they are used to attach the antiperspirant film to the skin.
What is the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant?
|Function||Fulfills the function of eliminating bad odors by attacking the bacteria that produce sweat.||It prevents sweating by blocking the pores.|
|Effectiveness||Effectiveness between 8 and 12 hours||Effectiveness between 3 and 5 days.|
|Sweat reduction||20% reduction in sweat amount.||Up to 40% sweat reduction.|
|Scent||Contains fragrance, as one of its main functions is to perfume the body.||No aroma.|
|Daily use||Used daily, even several times a day||Daily use, including an application may work for several days.|
|Extra use||Use in armpits and feet||Can be used on other parts of the body.|
What are the most common ingredients to make a natural deodorant?
- Aloe Vera: It is obtained from the crushing of aloe leaves, is characterized by its gelatinous and transparent color, its properties are extraordinary because it provides moisture and regeneration to the skin when it has suffered burns. It is an excellent alternative for sensitive skin that does not sweat too much.
- Walnut Leaves: They are used in natural cosmetics in infusion. An excellent formula is obtained from the combination of Aloe Vera and Walnut leaves.
- Bicarbonate: It is one of the products most used by people with little perspiration. Its preparation is simple, it consists of applying the powder directly in the armpits or make a paste with water. However, it has two disadvantages and is that it stains clothing easily and is not recommended for sensitive skin, as it irritates the first applications.
- Bicarbonate, cornstarch and coconut oil: A very good alternative to reduce perspiration. Its preparation consists of mixing three tablespoons of cornstarch with the coconut oil and a little baking soda; stir well until you get a cream that must be placed on the fire to get a solid consistency.
- Alum stone: It is considered one of the most effective products as deodorant since it is a powerful bactericide, it is easy to apply, long-lasting and has no odor.
- Vinagre: Like alum stone, there is no need for preparation, apply it directly to the armpits. It has two disadvantages that are: its strong smell and its short duration of effectiveness against sweat and bad smell, so it is required to be applied several times a day.
- Lemon: It is a powerful bactericide, which helps to eliminate the bad smell. It is usually used by people who sweat little, as it has no antiperspirant effect. Besides, when used for a long time it loses its effectiveness in combating odor; it is also not very respectful of sensitive skins, as it irritates them easily.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: It is excellent for the elimination of bad smell, as it has bactericidal properties. Several studies have shown that essential oil from the tea tree is one of the most effective deodorants to treat sweating and bad smell.
If you are determined to stop using conventional deodorants and start using natural deodorants, it is important that you take into account several criteria that we think you may be interested in when purchasing this type of product. Some of them are listed below for further guidance.
- Effectiveness in Sweat and Odor Control
- Manufacturing Laboratory
- Product Presentation
We recommend that whenever you go to buy your natural deodorant you take into account aspects such as the ingredients used to create the product, as well as the characteristics of the product to meet the specific needs of your body, i.e. details such as skin type, whether your perspiration is strong or soft and the type of aroma you like.
This kind of detail can be found on the product labels. On the front, they usually specify that it is 100 % natural, or they also put the word “Free” to indicate that it is a chemical-free product. Similarly, you should read the ingredients carefully to verify that what you were sold in the advertising is real.
Effectiveness in Sweat and Odor Control
It is important that the deodorant you choose meets your needs. Therefore, you should focus on checking how effective it depends on your perspiration. It would help if you also kept in mind that the components of the chosen deodorant have antibacterial ingredients, which guarantees that you have made a good choice.
When choosing your natural deodorant, consider the laboratory that produces it. If you don’t have much knowledge about it, we recommend that you consult other customers’ opinions on the Internet about the product you are acquiring and about the laboratory that creates it, as well as the importance of the pharmaceutical company.
Faced with this section, a study carried out in 2013 by the BioTrade Ethical Union showed that “consumers would stop buying a brand if it did not involve environmental practices of ethical procurement,” which forces companies to work more for the care of the environment, using products that contribute to the attention of it.
One of the things to keep in mind when choosing your natural deodorant is its presentation since some people like it more in roll-on or stick and others in cream. This decision depends on the taste of each person. In addition, we recommend that you check the weight of the product depending on the use you give it so that it has the durability you need.
Another important aspect that you could take into account when choosing a natural deodorant is the certifications of the product or the pharmacy that manufactures it. This helps you acquire the product with more security since it has been subjected to tests that legitimize its effectiveness and its components.
Natural deodorants are a bet of some pharmacies to improve people’s health conditions, through the creation of products that focus on promoting healthy habits and lifestyles. They also point to the improvement of the environment, which we can perceive as deteriorating every day.
Cheer up and start using natural products; these will help you strengthen your body and keep it away from chemicals that affect it in vast proportions. They are consequences that are not seen immediately but appear over time through terrible diseases that are most often mortal.
If you thought this article was useful and you think it might be of interest to other people, we invite you to share it through your social networks, don’t forget to leave us your comments.
(Featured image source: Belchonock: 106302261/ 123rf.com)