How we pick our products
Are you someone who always uses the same makeup products because you simply don’t know where the others are? Do you have to pick a lipstick on the go because you couldn’t find the one you wanted to wear? Do you think that you would use more makeup and get more out of your products if it was easier for you to find them?
If you’ve ticked any of the above, you may want to rethink how you sort your cosmetics out. Do you know that a makeup organizer could be truly useful to you? And you don’t even have to be a beauty guru to have one; the most important thing is to have it handy so you can always find the right cosmetic product.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Makeup Organizers on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Makeup Organizers
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- You don’t need to wait to have a large makeup collection to buy one of these organizers. They’re just as helpful for a few items as they are for a lot.
- Makeup organizers can be transparent or opaque, vertical or horizontal, and the number of compartments they have can vary greatly. Simply buy the one that best suits your needs.
- You will have to consider a series of key factors when purchasing your own makeup organizer. These include the space you have available, the size of your cosmetics collection, or the manufacturing material.
Our Selection: The Best Makeup Organizers on the U.S. Market
Searching for the right makeup organizer can quickly turn into a challenging task, because these products are very much alike and so different at the same time. Which one is best suited to satisfy your needs? In the following section, you will discover our selection of the best makeup organizers currently available on the market.
- Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Makeup Organizer
- Best Rotating Makeup Organizer
- Best Makeup Cart
- Best Makeup Organizer for Traveling
Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Makeup Organizer
This acrylic model by Ikee Design has become Amazon’s Choice in the category for good reasons. Available in a variety of colors and set-ups, it features four drawers and a tray that can be placed on top or separately. This allows you to arrange your makeup just the way you want and facilitates the storage of the product. The black mesh padding delivered with this organizer provides protection for all your cosmetics.
Best Rotating Makeup Organizer
Jerrybox’s 360-degree rotating makeup organizer is very handy and lets you find the cosmetic product you’re looking for in a matter of seconds thanks to its transparent design. One of its most attractive features is the fact that you can customize it to your liking. Simply insert the trays into the partition slots you want during assembling, and you’ll be ready to organize your cosmetic collection!
Best Makeup Cart
This versatile storage cart might just be what you need if you have a large makeup collection, or if you plan on expanding it in the coming months. With a steel structure, it offers a huge storage space while being easy to move around using its 4 wheels. This resistant organizer includes a total of 10 polypropylene drawers. Past customers have praised the capacity of Seville Classics’ makeup cart.
Best Makeup Organizer for Traveling
We know how important it is to travel in style, and Relavel’s best-selling makeup case will have you tour the world with all your favorite cosmetics. Available in various color schemes, it features adjustable compartments so you can organize your makeup as you like it. This also allows you to adapt your travel case to your needs, so you can also store your jewelry, toiletries, or even electronic devices.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Makeup Organizers
What is a makeup organizer exactly?
They tend to be made from transparent acrylic plastic, but this isn’t always the case – as we’ll discuss later. You don’t have to be a compulsive buyer with a massive makeup collection to reap the benefits of those tiny pieces of furniture: small collections can also get wild.
Why do I need a makeup organizer?
Celebrity makeup artist James Kaliardos – who knows a couple of things about the matter – points out that having an organized dresser isn’t only an aesthetic advantage but can also help you find peace of mind. We don’t know if you’ll be achieving equilibrium and inner peace by tidying up your cosmetics, but you will get a lot more out of your products, and even make room for new ones in the process.
What types of organizers are there?
- Makeup cases: Often used by professionals, these boxes offer a large capacity, different compartments and are also very easy to carry around.
- Makeup bags: These large, compartmentalized toilet kits aren’t necessarily the most useful when it comes to finding makeup quickly. We recommend them for people whose collection is rather small.
- Makeup carts: These models, on the other hand, are ideal for true makeup accumulators. They may come with compartmentalized drawers – or you can do it yourself with small boxes or separators – and with wheels underneath.
- Hanging organizers: These products are tailored to people who have little space at home. You can hang them either behind a door or inside your wardrobe using the hanger located on top. They have a multitude of compartments so you can really see all your cosmetics.
How should I order my makeup organizer?
- Do a makeup cleaning and get rid of everything you don’t need before using your organizer. Why do you keep this makeup base that expired two years ago? And that lipstick you’ve never used?
- Create compartments or think about how you will use the built-in ones. Drawers should be ordered, and each product or product category must have its designated spot. This is the only way to keep it tidy over time.
- Organize your cosmetics by colors. On the one hand, it will be easier for you to find the shade you want and, on the other hand, it will be much prettier and more pleasant to use!
- Don’t be afraid to copy others. You can search for images of other makeup organizers on social networks, such as Pinterest or Instagram. There might just be exactly what you’re looking for to make the most of your organizer.
- Use labels if necessary. If your organizer is opaque, for instance, this will save you a lot of time.
Can I store my makeup organizer in the bathroom?
Humidity and heat aren’t the only influencing factors, either. Bright lights can also damage the color of your products, not to mention the germs that come out of the toilet when you flush Let’s not even go there! Makeup should always be kept in dry, cool areas away from direct light – whether natural or artificial.
Let’s be honest: a makeup organizer is an item that takes up a lot of space, so it’s important that you get your purchase right. In order to avoid any unpleasant surprises from happening, we’ve detailed some key purchasing factors in the section below to help you make the best decision:
Space and Size
The first thing you should do is think about the space you can dedicate to your new makeup organizer. You may have to opt for a compact model if you live in a small space. Next, evaluate the size of your makeup collection to make sure that it can all fit in the makeup organizer that interests you.
You may want to think about your future collection. The model you buy may be fine for now, but are you planning on purchasing more cosmetics in the near future? Or, on the contrary, do you want to get rid of a part of your cosmetics collection? Keep in mind that a makeup organizer is useless if it isn’t practical.
Just like any standard piece of furniture, a makeup organizer must feature sections to allow you to separate your different types of cosmetics. These include shelves, drawers and the internal divisions of the drawers themselves. In that sense, everyone will have their own personal needs.
Certain organizers come with large, highly customizable spaces for which you can design your own sections – with reused boxes or pieces of cardboard, for instance. Other models even have specific compartments for lipsticks or makeup brushes. Again, what you prefer is entirely up to you!
View this post on Instagram
Bringing you more than just makeup storage. Don’t forget we also have 5 jewellery trays in stock and are only $17 Aud each 🥰 . Trays are made of a ice grey felt and measure – 28cm W x 26cm L x 3cm H . Stack them, pop them in drawers or on bench tops. . Seen here left to right – Ring Tray – 12 slot tray – 9 slot tray – Open Tray – Necklace tray leaning upwards. Necklaces latch onto hooks. . In the ikea malm dressing table our 💖 VC Malm storage drawer pack 💖 using selections set 1,3,2 and compact and lipstick holder. $184 Aud . Tap post to shop Visit our website Tap post to view online for all details ✈️ EXPRESS shipping to the USA 📦 $10 Flat rate Australia wide shipping (Excludes mirrors and tables) 🇦🇺 Perth Pick Up welcome 🌍 world wide shipping. 💰 Afterpay and Zippay available . #makeupstorage #beautyroom #vanity #vanitystorage #acrylicmakeupstorage #beautyroomstorage #vanitytable #beautyroominspo #vanities #vanitytable #makeupmirror #makeuporganizer #cosmetics #cosmeticstorage #beauty #lipgloss #lipstickstorage #palettes #alexdrawers #makeupstorageau #makeuporganiser #beautystorage #beautyroom #lipstickholder #lipstickstorage #lipglossholder
You can find makeup organizers made from all kinds of materials: plastic, metal, wood, glass or even cardboard. As you can imagine, this will affect the price and quality of the product. Glass organizers are very nice and combine very well with metal, but they tend to be far from affordable.
Acrylic plastic organizers are always a good option as they allow you to see everything inside, which makes them particularly practical. Wooden models are lovely, too. This material is very warm, combinable and so classic that it will never go out of fashion.
Cosmetics are among the worst affected by very messy people. We want to cause no offense, but we have seen some truly dreadful dressers. A makeup organizer will help keep cosmetic products tidy, accessible, and at hand. It will help you make the most of your collection, whether it is big or small.
Before buying your own organizer, make sure you know the space you want to dedicate to it, as well as the number of compartments you need. In order to do this, simply evaluate your makeup collection, and don’t hesitate to throw or give away anything you don’t use anymore!
Did you find our guide on makeup organizers useful? If that’s the case, feel free to share our article on your social media. You can also leave us a comment in the section below.
(Source of featured image: Belchonock: 111026472/ 123rf.com)