How we pick our products
Eye shadow, contour, matte finish, eyeliner, and many, many more! These are only a few of the most popular makeup techniques these days and the list continues to grow. There is even vegan makeup! No wonder the demand for makeup mirrors has been on the rise.
It is true that people are becoming more and more creative with their makeup and can make works of art on their face from the comfort of their bathroom. If you are interested in the world of makeup, a good makeup mirror is essential!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection of The Best Makeup Mirrors on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Makeup Mirrors
- 3.1 What are makeup mirrors exactly and what advantages do they have?
- 3.2 What types of makeup mirrors are there?
- 3.3 What is the most convenient type of makeup mirror?
- 3.4 What characteristics should a good makeup mirror have?
- 3.5 What should I keep in mind when choosing the lighting for my makeup mirror?
- 3.6 What is the most common error that people make when using a makeup mirror?
- 3.7 Where should I put my makeup mirror?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Every day, it is becoming easier to learn how to apply your makeup like a professional. In addition to having great quality makeup, it is very important to buy a makeup mirror to give yourself those tiny details that we all love.
- It is very important to know that these products are one of the most important tools for professional makeup artists. Makeup mirrors will help you put your makeup on easier and with much more precision to get the best results.
- When picking out the best makeup mirror for you, you need to consider certain factors, like the size, the model, the lighting, and the magnification of the mirror. Once you understand all of these factors, you will be able to choose a makeup mirror that meets all of your needs.
Our Selection of The Best Makeup Mirrors on the U.S. Market
Which makeup mirror should you choose when there is an infinite amount of models on the market? It is not an easy decision to make. To help you choose the best makeup mirror for you, we have made a list of the best on the market. You are sure to find what you are looking for below.
Best Portable Makeup Mirror
If you move around a lot or are always on the go, this first model is the makeup mirror for you. This circular makeup mirror is small and portable, so it is easy to take it with you wherever you may go. It also includes LED lights and magnification. It comes with a powerful suction cup. So, stick it wherever it is most convenient for you!
Best Vanity Makeup Mirror
This vanity mirror is bigger than the first item on the list. If you have more space, then why not? This mirror opens up to give you more angles of your face while you apply your makeup. It also comes with LED lights and magnification. You can’t go wrong with this model of makeup mirror.
Best Pink Makeup Mirror
The last makeup mirror on our list is similar to the vanity mirror above but in a beautiful pink color. It comes with magnification and LED lighting as well. If pink is your favorite color, you are in luck. This is the makeup mirror for you!
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Makeup Mirrors
Even though the concept of a mirror is pretty simple, there are many things that you probably don’t know yet about makeup mirrors. Today we have made a list of the most frequently asked questions from buyers like you. This way, you will know how to use your makeup mirror and will be able to pick the best mirror for you.
What are makeup mirrors exactly and what advantages do they have?
This type of mirror has many pros and a few cons. This is why makeup mirrors have become an essential item in the bathrooms of many. They will help you to achieve that professional look with your makeup. The following is a table of pros and cons of these very useful mirrors:
What types of makeup mirrors are there?
- Fixed makeup mirror: This type of makeup mirror is attached to the wall. It is similar to a traditional bathroom mirror, but it allows you to see your face with more detail.
- Portable makeup mirror: This makeup mirror is very practical for use outside of your house or in different rooms. For example, if you need to do your makeup in another room due to the lighting in your bathroom, this is the mirror for you. These makeup mirrors are usually very light, small, and portable.
- Collapsible makeup mirror: This type of makeup mirror is also usually attached to the wall, but it is collapsible. you can get different angles of the reflection of your face with this type of mirror as it moves around.
- Extendable makeup mirror: The last main type of makeup mirror is also attached to the wall. They have an extendable part attached to it so you can move the mirror closer or farther away from your face to get the best distance.
The type of makeup mirror that you choose will depend on what you like the best and how much room you have in your bathroom to install the mirror. The types of mirrors that are attached to the wall are usually more stable and easy to use. However, you can take a portable mirror wherever you want. This is also a big advantage.
What is the most convenient type of makeup mirror?
|Fixed Makeup Mirror||Portable Makeup Mirror||Collapsible Makeup Mirror||Extendable Makeup Mirror|
|Size||Various sizes.||Usually small.||Medium to large.||Small.|
|Shape||Round, oval, or rectangular.||Round or oval.||Rectangular.||Usually round.|
|Use||Professional or non-professional.||Non-professional and for trips outside of the house.||Usually professional.||Usually non-professional.|
|Material||All.||Usually plastic.||Metal or plastic.||Metal.|
With the information provided in the table above, you probably understand now what type of makeup mirror is best for you. You should think about each factor and choose wisely.
What characteristics should a good makeup mirror have?
- The best material is metal. This type of material is heavier but more stable.
- Your makeup mirror should include lighting, preferably LED or fluorescent lighting.
- A good makeup mirror should have magnification. This will allow you to get professional results.
These are three small pieces of advice to pick out the perfect makeup mirror for you! If the mirror that you are looking at has these three characteristics, you are on the right path! These recommendations are very basic. If you are looking for something more specific, you can ask a specialist. There are usually makeup specialists in physical makeup stores that can help you to make the right decision.
What should I keep in mind when choosing the lighting for my makeup mirror?
- Choose a neutral, white, light. This is the type of light that is closest to natural lighting.
- Avoid lighting that is too bright. This type of light will make you put on more makeup than you need.
- The best lights are lightbulbs or lamps that have opal finish. This type of finish makes the light translucent. These lamps will reduce reflection and offer more uniform lighting.
- We recommend that you have more than one point of lighting on the mirror. This will give you the “cross light” effect.
- You should not buy a makeup mirror that uses upper lighting (lighting that just comes from above the head). This type of lighting will not give you good results.
Following these basic instructions is key to getting the best makeup results. By the way, even though the lighting of your makeup mirror is an important factor, you also need to practice your makeup techniques. Don’t give up, practice makes perfect.
What is the most common error that people make when using a makeup mirror?
If you put your makeup on too close to the mirror it is a huge mistake because doing this does not let you see the entire face at the same time. You should be at about three feet away from your makeup mirror when putting on your makeup. This way, you will be able to see your whole face as you put your makeup on. This will help you have better results.
Where should I put my makeup mirror?
If you are thinking of buying a portable makeup mirror, you should consider the stability of the mirror. You need to put the mirror in a place where it will be stable. It should be in a place where you can see your face and where you won’t have to move it around all the time.
Choosing the perfect makeup mirror for you is not an easy task, but it is very important to choose a great mirror to get the best results. We recommend that you consider certain criteria when picking out your mirror. The following are the main criteria that you should keep in mind:
The magnification is another fundamental factor when it comes to makeup. Not all models of makeup mirrors have this feature. Some people think that having magnification is uncomfortable. However, it is a very useful factor, especially if you are trying to add small details to your look.
Although you can find magnification from 2x up to 20x, these numbers are not very useful. 2x magnification is too little while 20x magnification is too much. The ideal magnification is between 5x and 8x. These levels of magnification will let you focus on specific parts of the face without distorting the reflection.
Most makeup mirrors have lighting. Currently, although there are still makeup mirrors with incandescent light, the majority of modern makeup mirrors use LED light. Incandescent light is a bit too warm and does not show a good reflection of the face.
However, these models have evolved and now use LED lighting. This type of lighting gives a cold, white light, showing every imperfection so that you can correct them with makeup. There are also makeup mirrors that use fluorescent lights.
To choose the correct makeup mirror, you need to know the size that you want for two reasons. The first reason is that certain sizes will allow you to see your entire face, even if you are close to the mirror.
If you have this problem, you are going to need a bigger makeup mirror. A medium-sized mirror is more than enough. You need to get the best size for you and for the space you have available. Your comfort is key.
A makeup mirror is the secret weapon of many women. Contrary to what you may believe, the makeup you buy is not the only factor that will give you great results on your final look. It is very important to have a great makeup mirror as well to get the best results
You need to keep certain factors in mind, like the magnification, lighting, size, and material, when choosing which makeup mirror you want to buy. Every day, more and more are discovering the magic of makeup mirrors. So, what are you waiting for?
If you enjoyed this article about make mirrors, share it with your friends on social media and leave us a comment. We want to hear from you! Thank you so much!
(Source of Featured Image: Mayuree Moonhirun: 66118767/ 123rf.com)