How we pick our products
Our little ones have a blast playing in the water. And you don’t even need a fancy villa with a pool to have fun! If you have a garden, patio, terrace or some type of outdoor space that you can get wet, then you can get an inflatable swimming pool. This is a great alternative to entertain your children and maybe even teach them how to swim.
But swimming pools aren’t just great for kids, adults love them too! They are great for weekends and during holidays. With a medium sized inflatable pool, you can enjoy great family time as well as cool off in the summer heat. To find out what the best options are on the market today, continue reading!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 The Best Inflatable Pools on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about inflatable pools
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Inflatable pools are a cheaper version of detachable pools usually made out of plastic or liner, which is then inflated and filled with water. They vary in size, price, material, and shape. Some are designed exclusively for children, while others are larger and are great for the whole family to enjoy.
- Punctures are a pool’s worst enemy. To avoid them, it’s important to choose the best place for them and use a protective covering that will avoid any sharp objects. In the case of holes, patches and glue are usually included and can be used to make easy repairs.
- In addition to quality and price, it is advisable to buy and inflatable pool that is easy to install and has dimensions, capacity, and shapes that meet your needs. If it is on the larger size, it is best to include an air pump. Remember to follow the instructions for cleaning the pool and water to avoid infections.
The Best Inflatable Pools on the U.S. Market
Given the variety of models, sizes, and shapes of inflatable pools, we have gathered a selection of the best inflatable pools on the market today so you can decide on the best one that suits your preferences. At affordable prices, your children can enjoy sunny days playing in the water, having fun and being safe in a place where you can keep a close eye on them.
- Best inflatable pool for families
- Best inflatable pool for toddlers
- Best educational inflatable pool
- Best inflatable pool with a slide
Best inflatable pool for families
This large inflatable pool by Intex is perfect for the whole family! The pool has a variety of measurements to choose from, starting at 8ft wide all the way to 18 ft in length, so it is great for both parents and kids. A DVD is included to help with setup, along with a 110-120 volt filter pump that is easy to install- just hook up the hoses and enjoy clean refreshing water. Past customers have rated this pool very highly, so it is no surprise that this is one of Amazon’s best sellers.
Best inflatable pool for toddlers
Intex Sunset Glow baby pool is perfect for young kids and toddlers who are learning to swim for the first time. The pool is just under 3ft long, and 10 inches deep, so it is great for your little ones who need extra supervision while swimming. Your toddler will love the bright colors and playful design of this pool, they may not want to get out! With 4.3 out of 5 stars, this swimming pool is rated very highly and is also Amazon’s Choice, meaning it has many happy past customers.
Best educational inflatable pool
We know what you’re thinking. How can an inflatable pool be educational? SplashEZ’s 3 in 1 inflatable pool for kids created this fun pool with the aim of making learning easy and fun. This “From A to Z” pool features animals and the letters of the alphabet to help your child learn while they play. Toddlers will learn to recognize animals and mimic their sounds. According to the manufacturer, educators, psychologists, and researchers all agree that learning through play is key to a child’s healthy development. This outdoor pool also features a soft and supportive rim that shoots streams of water!
Best inflatable pool with a slide
What little kid doesn’t love a water slide? With this inflatable pool by Intex, you can easily transform your backyard into a waterpark. The dinosaur archway attaches to your hose to create a fun water slide that your little ones will enjoy for hours! They can also enjoy the wading pool at the bottom that holds about 74 gallons of water, so it is great for smaller children. This pool also features a small hoop and comes with play balls, so your kid can shoot some hoops from the water. What more could you need on a fun summer day?
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about inflatable pools
Inflatable pools are fun for both children and adults. The easy assembly and versatility of these pools make them the perfect gift for anyone who loves being in the water, playing games, and spending time with family and friends.
What is an inflatable pool exactly?
Among steel, plastic, and wooden pools, inflatable pools tend to be more popular because, in addition to being cheaper, they do not require any sophisticated tools for assembly. They are fun for both children and adults and can even treat various health problems for which hydrotherapy is recommended.
What are the pros and cons of inflatable pools?
|Fixed|| They last several years.
Made of strong materials.
You do not have to repair them as often.
They can be as small or as large as you want.
| High investment, with the maintenance and other costs.
Construction can take weeks to months.
|Inflatable|| Lower cost.
Only takes a few hours to assemble.
No hard edges.
You can move them whenever you want.
| They only last a few months or possibly a few years.
The materials are less resistant.
They usually require constant fixes with patches or glue, because of scratches or punctures.
You can see that, according to your budget, needs and preferences, and the use, it may be more advantages to go for an inflatable pool. In general, there are more favorable aspects for inflatable pools, especially considering the price.
What types of inflatable pools are out there?
As far as uses, there are inflatable pools designed to give baths to a baby, and some even come with slides, sprinklers, parasols, games, balls and hoops, ect. There are also hammock and jacuzzi types with armchairs, backrests, coasters. These features generally come with fixed pools that last longer.
What steps should I follow when installing my inflatable pool?
- Choose a flat area without a slope. In addition to preventing the pool from deteriorating, this will allow you to take full advantage of the dimensions and maintain the same depth of water at all points of the pool. Some experts even recommend using a level to ensure that the area in which the pool is installed has no slope.
- Remove any objects from the ground. However small, any sharp object can damage or puncture the material in the pool’s base. Therefore, it is necessary to remove anything that can act as a sharp object. Now, if you only have rough surfaces, you will have to use some type of protective floor covering.
- Use a protective layering, such as a tarp. It is advisable to use it on any type of soil and other rough surfaces with imperfections.You need to make sure that the size of the tarp is larger than the diameter of the inflatable pool, so you can ensure that the base is fully protected.
- Inflate the pool. Once you have prepared the area that you pool will go on, you can start to inflate it using an electric or manual pump. You need to make sure to read the instructions and follow the manufacturers recommendations, especially regarding optimum air pressure for the pool.
- Fill the pool with water. Using a hose to fill up the pool is the best option. Make sure the water is healthy and purified (without chlorine), and it is always better to fill with the recommended amount of liters and do not exceed that amount.
How do I clean the water in my pool?
It is also important, especially with larger swimming pools, to use sweepers and nets to clean the water. You should also use a filter or chlorine tablets. It is also recommended to change the water from time to time, especially for children’s pools, as they can get dirty and attract bacteria.
How do you repair an inflatable pool?
Once you find the hole, use two patches and some adhesive. If the pool is empty, the bonding order does not matter, but if the pool is full of water, paste the patch inside the pool first (the glue is waterproof) and then use an external patch. Use pressure to make sure that both patches are secured. Problem solved!
When you have decided to purchase an inflatable pool, it helps to have a list of purchase criteria. We have done the work for you and gathered a list of the main aspects to consider when buying a pool that best suits your needs, taste, and budget.
- Quality/price ratio
- Capacity and ages of use
- Material, dimensions, and shape
- Installation/ assembly time
Of course, the main thing that will determine which type of pool you buy will come down to your budget. Luckily, there are brands, materials, shapes, and sizes in all price ranges.
However, you get what you pay for. So you should know that a cheaper pool probably is not made with the most resistant material. This is fine if you only intend to use it for a few days or weeks, but it will not last too long. Always consider the quality of the pool you are buying and how you intend to use it.
Capacity and ages of use
Pay attention to the capacity measurements of the pool, since this will determine how large the pool is. Usually, the size is given in centimeters and the length is given first, then the width and the height.
The capacity itself is generally given in gallons. In addition to determining the dimensions and depth of the inflatable pool, be sure to look at the recommended ages of use and decide if that is the right pool for you. By doing this, you can be sure that you are purchasing the right product for your family to enjoy.
Material, dimensions, and shape
Inflatable pools are usually made of PVC, and other plastics derivatives such as vinyl and polymers, among other materials. Likewise, it is common for pools to have a lining made out of reinforced PVC compounds that give them their flexibility, tightness, and strength.
You should also consider the shape of the pool. A rectangular pool allows several adults to swim and lie down. Round pools are better for sitting and talking, while the little ones play in the middle. Some pools have unique shapes that include games and slides, and these are great for entertaining children.
Installation/ assembly time
It is recommended to consider the time it will take to assemble your pool. This way you can avoid headaches and disappointments. Once you have the pool, read the instruction manual before setting it up, so you can plan how long it will take and what equipment you will need, if any.
Inflatable pools are very popular for families during the summer time. They are great for entertaining children, and also for adults to cool off in the summer heat. They are great alternatives to contracting a pool in your backyard, and are much cheaper. Depending on the pool you buy, they are made of resistant materials such as PVC, and are available in a wider variety of designs and shapes.
It is important to take various precautions when using your pool, to ensure that you get the most use out of it and make it last as long as possible. We recommend using a pool covering, as well as a protective floor covering, to avoid any sharp object puncturing the pool. However, even when doing this, you still might get a small puncture from time to time. Luckily, these types of pools are easy to repair and can be patched with glue in no time, assuming the hole is not too large. Make sure to patch up holes right away to avoid any further damage!
If you have enjoyed our article on inflatable pools, share it with you friends on social media. You can also leave us a comment with your opinions and ideas!
(Source of featured image: Famveldman: 60168901/ 123rf.com)