How we pick our products
You shampoo and condition, use a mousse or cream post-shower, and spray on a generous amount of dry shampoo every few days. So why is your hair still suffering? When summer comes, and you spend hours in the sun or at the pool, your hair can become very dry and break down easily. Luckily, technology is on your side and hair products are becoming more and more advanced. And that is why we love hair serum!
In the past, most people did not use hair serums. Today, it has become an essential product in many women’s hair care routines. Hair serums can have so many benefits for your hair, if you choose the right one. If you are curious to know some of the best hair serums on the market, then read on!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Hair Serums on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Hair Serum
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- Hair care has evolved over time and more and more women are including hair serum in their daily routine. This is due to the many benefits that this product can have for your hair.
- One of the fundamental keys to getting the most out of your hair care routine is to find the right products for your hair type and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When choosing a hair serum, you should consider your hair type, the ingredients, and the usefulness of the product. This way, you can make the best decision.
Our Selection: The Best Hair Serums on the U.S. Market
With the quantity and quality of products that we can find on the market today, it can be difficult to choose which one is best. To help make your decision easier, we have gathered a selection of the best hair serums currently on the U.S. market.
The Best Anti-Frizz Hair Serum
If you’re someone who suffers from frizzy, unmanageable hair, then this serum is for you. It is enriched with argan oil, which is the perfect ingredient for making your hair smooth and silky throughout the day. Garnier is a well known and trusted brand when it comes to hair products, so it is no surprise that this product is an Amazon’s Choice in this category. This product promises up to 3 days of long lasting frizz control, even in high humidity!
The Best Repairing Hair Serum
If you have damaged hair, or you use a lot of heat styling products, then you need a serum that is going to work deep within your hair to repair it. This hair serum by Herstyler promises to bring back life into dry and damaged hair, while also providing frizz control. The mix of aloe vera and argan oil extracts work to get your hair feeling soft and shiny, and it even works on color-treated hair. It is lightweight and non-greasy, so it can be used by both men and women, and even on extensions and wigs.
The Best Hair Growth Serum
This hair serum by Miraz Pureuty Naturals is a great product for those looking to grow their hair quickly. This product promises to give you thicker, stronger, more healthy-looking hair, while using nothing but naturally sourced ingredients. How does it work? By combining biotin, D panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), pea sprout extract, and other active ingredients and nutrients, it provides a follicle boosting effect that can assist in the retention and growth of natural, healthy-looking hair.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Hair Serum
Despite being one of the most used hair products today, there are still many things that may surprise you about hair serums. To give you even more reasons to use this beneficial product, we will answer some of your most frequently asked questions and tell you everything you need to know about hair serums.
What is hair serum and what advantages does it have?
- Has a very concentrated formula with lots of active ingredients.
- Makes hair silky and shiny.
- Moisturizes dry hair.
- Repairs and protects even the most damaged hair.
- Reduces frizz and tames curly hair.
- Can act as a heat protectant.
- It is very easy to use.
As you can see, there are many benefits to using hair serums. That is why the vast majority of experts recommend its use, especially during times of the year when hair tends to suffer more, like summer.
What types of hair serums exist?
- Serum for aesthetic purposes: this includes all serums whose main objective is to improve the appearance of hair. These types of products are designed to reduce frizz and tame rebellious curls.
- Serum to nourish and repair: These are formulated to bring back life to damaged hair and hair that is exposed to lots of heat styling.
Within these two groups, you will find a variety of hair serums to choose from. You can even choose more than one! Many specialists actually recommend using different serums to achieve better results.
How can I get the most out of my hair serum?
- Serums work depending on quality, not quantity, so remember to only use a small amount of product.
- Use serum on dry or damp hair.
- If you want definition and shine, then apply it on dry hair.
- The tips of your hair are generally the most damaged, so use the serum on the ends more than the roots.
- If you have very curly hair, a few drops of product throughout the day will help keep your curls at bay.
Which hair serum is best for my hair type?
|Hair type||Type of serum|
|Very damaged hair||Total recovery serum|
|Dyed hair||Color protecting serum|
|Dry hair||Moisturizing and nourishing serum|
|Weak hair||Strengthening serum|
|Fine or brittle hair||Reconstructing serum|
|Dull and lifeless hair||Illuminating serum|
|Long hair||Serum for split ends|
|Rebellious hair||Frizz control serum|
What does hair serum protect against?
- Heat styling: hair is not meant to withstand the high temperatures associated with heat styling tools, such as straighteners and curlers. Hair serums help to create a barrier to protect your hair from high heat.
- Dyes: One cause for hair damage is dyes, bleaches, and other harmful chemicals.
- Pollution: Did you know that environmental pollution is a huge cause of hair damage? Especially for more sensitive groups.
- Solar radiation: Although vitamin D is essential, it is important to protect hair from harmful solar radiation.
Hair serum can help to protect your hair from all of these factors, which can damage and weaken your hair over time. With daily use, hair serum combats these external agents and keeps your hair healthy and smooth.
It’s not always easy to know which product to buy and which will be the best for your individual hair needs. To help you choose the ideal serum for you, it is recommended to take into account a few different factors. Some purchase criteria you should consider are:
As expected, the first thing that you should take into account when purchasing a serum is your specific hair type. You would do the same with shampoos and other hair products that have certain formulas suited to different hair types. This way, you will get the best results.
If you are unsure what your hair type is, you can ask your hairdresser. They can also help you choose which serum is best for your hair type!
Of course, it is also essential that you are aware of your individual hair needs. This means, basically, that you know what you want to get out of the serum. As we have mentioned, there are products designed for all hair types, even the most rebellious curls.
Once you know what you are looking for, it will be much easier to choose a product that will bring you the results that you want. You can even purchase several serums for different needs, although we recommend that you do not put too much product in your hair all at once, or it may appear oily.
This is related to the last purchase criteria, although it is important to mention that each serum is designed for a different purpose. Although most of them are great for repairing damaged hair, the damage can be caused by several different factors. While some may suffer from frizz and split ends, others will need products specifically for heat styling and color treatments.
Ideally, look for products that are designed for certain needs, and combine them for the best results. Luckily, you can find very advanced serums on the market that address a multitude of different hair problems. Take advantage of the wide range of products out there!
When looking at the ingredients of your hair serum, it is important to look at two different aspects. First, that the ingredients match the intended use of the product. This means, for example, that if the product is meant for moisturizing the hair, it should include a type of oil, such as Argan oil.
Secondly, you should also check that your serum does not have any harmful or unnatural ingredients. These types of agents can be very toxic for the hair when used on a daily basis. Some of the things to avoid are paragons or phthalates, which can cause allergic reactions to your skin or your scalp
Finally, you should take into account the brand of hair serum that you are going to use. Throughout this guide, we have mentioned that it is recommended to use a combination of hair products. If you do this, it is best that the products are from the same brand.
Although most manufactures tend to use the same methods, products of the same brand tend to benefit off of each other. It is also best to use products from brands that you are used to and have had good results with.
Hair serum is a new craze in the world of hair care. Whether it comes in a liquid or a cream, this type of product can help to improve hydration, close split ends, prevent frizz, and tame the most rebellious curls.
With all of these benefits, it is no surprise that women and men everywhere are using hair serums. They are easy to use, and protect your hair from a variety of harmful external agents. So, what are you waiting for?
If you enjoyed this guide, please share it on your social networks and leave us a comment below!
(Source of featured image: Marctran: 97961553/ 123rf.com)