How we pick our products
Changing your hairstyle is a way to feel different, move on from a breakup or reinvent yourself. As hair grows so slowly, often the only way to make a drastic change is to cut your hair shorter or change its color. However, there is a third option…
Hair extensions are a fantastic product that is readily available on the market to add length and volume to your hair. With hair extensions, you can change the color, length, and texture of your hair in just a few minutes. Long hair, in both men and women, makes you stand out from the crowd and is appealing to many people. Thanks to hair extensions you no longer need to wait months to have beautiful, long locks.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Hair Extensions on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Hair Extensions
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- If you decide to use hair extensions you must pay close attention to the quality of your natural hair, your lifestyle and how you want your new hairstyle to look. If you have thin hair, you should opt for clip or adhesive hair extensions as they are the least visible.
- When applying hair extensions for the first time we highly recommend consulting a hair professional. When it comes to maintaining your hair extensions, you should treat the extensions as if they are your real hair by washing and brushing them frequently. Proper maintenance will prolong their useful life so that you will be able to use them for longer.
- Although the price is tempting, you should avoid buying synthetic hair extensions. Natural hair, i.e hair that comes from a human, will be smoother, shinier, and healthier. When using natural hair extensions, it is much more difficult to notice that you are wearing extensions.
Our Selection: The Best Hair Extensions on the U.S. Market
If you are considering using hair extensions to change your look, we guarantee that you will be stunned with the results they can achieve. In order to find the hair extensions that best suits your natural hair characteristics and needs, you should compare the best products that exist on the market today. In the following section, we provide you with the 4 best hair extensions that exist on the market today.
- Best Clip Synthetic Hair Extensions
- Best Selling Hair Extensions
- Best Natural Hair Extensions
- Best Hair Extensions to Lengthen Hair
Best Clip Synthetic Hair Extensions
Available in a whopping 30 different colors, the REECHO 20″ Curly Wave Clip synthetic hair is the most affordable product on the market. With such a huge range you’ll easily find a color that matches your hair perfectly! These hair extensions are heat-friendly hair fibers so you can restyle them with scissors or curling iron to create the look you’ve always wanted!
Best Selling Hair Extensions
The Lelinta Hair Bun Extensions can be used to create an elegant chignon or ponytail that can be worn for a prom, wedding, or evening out. These hair extensions are Amazon best sellers because they are adjustable in size, comfortable and washable. To transform your look in just seconds, consider the hair extensions form Lelinta.
Best Natural Hair Extensions
The clip-in natural hair extensions by BHF HAIR are the perfect hair extensions for women with long, straight, dark hair. Available in 4 different lengths, 14-inch, 16-inch, 18-inch, and 20-inch, these natural hair extensions are so easy to attach thanks to the easy-to-use clip. With these natural extensions, you can style your hair any way you like as if it was your own hair!
Best Hair Extensions to Lengthen Hair
The Fairise natural hair extensions come in 8 separate pieces and are ideal for women that are looking to lengthen their hair. The human hair extensions are soft, silky and tangle-free so that you can style your long hair in many different ways. If you are uncertain about which color to choose, you can email Fairise a photograph of your natural hair and they will advise you the closest matching color from their range.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Hair Extensions
What types of hair extensions are there?
The second way to classify hair extensions is by the duration or permanency. Within this category, there are two options; temporary and permanent. Temporary hair extensions are attached to your natural hair with clips and can be easily taken out if required. Permanent hair extensions last between 2 and 4 months, depending on how well they are cared for. Permanent hair extensions are attached to your hair by adhesive medical-grade tape, keratin glue, sewn into your hair, knot extensions or copper rings.
How does my hair type affect the choice of extensions?
Can hair extensions damage my hair?
When it comes to temporary hair extension, there is minimal to no risk of hair damage. As the temporary hair extensions are simply clipped onto the root of your hair, there is virtually no chance of damaging your hair. However, it is recommended to remove temporary hair extensions before going to bed.
Are synthetic hair extensions ever recommended?
How should I take care of natural hair extensions?
- The shampoo should be sulfate-free and very nutritious, especially for permanent hair extensions.
- You must brush your hair every day and apply a moisturizing treatment without rinsing.
- You should also comb before washing your hair to minimize tangles.
- It is recommended to wash your hair in a basin rather than in the shower because the pressure of the showerhead can damage the extensions.
- Massage the sewing area gently with your fingertips and spread the shampoo evenly from end to end.
- Brush them dry, without pulling or using any excessive force.
- To look soft, shiny and knotless you should sleep with your hair in a ponytail or a braid.
In order to find the hair extensions that best suit your needs, we recommend that you consider a few important aspects. With so many options to choose from on the market, knowing what your needs are will go a long way in helping you find the perfect product. In the following section, we will explain three important factors that we believe are crucial for finding the right hair extensions:
Without a doubt, natural hair extensions should always be your number one choice. Within the natural hair extension range, adhesive tape extensions are the least obvious and will blend in well with your hair to obtain an excellent finish. With a quality set of natural hair extensions, you’ll be able to achieve the look you’ve always wanted.
If your objective is to increase volume and/or length, hair extensions will be able to achieve both. Adhesive and sewn extensions allow you to place the extensions to the exact length you want and keep them firmly in place. Clip hair extensions will also perform the same function, however, they are more likely to move around or become loose if worn for long periods.
Your lifestyle and the time you have available to organize your hair is another determining factor in the choice of hair extensions. If you practice sport regularly, you will be far better suited to permanent hair extensions as opposed to clip extensions. Permanent extensions will enable you to exercise and shower afterward without even noticing that you have extensions, as they are almost like real hair. If you are only needing extensions for a party or a special occasion, the clip extensions will be better suited.
Hair extensions are the ideal product for both men and women who want to change their hairstyle without having to wait for their hair to grow naturally. These amazing products will help you to feel confident and achieve the look you’ve always desired. With a little bit of research and investment, you’ll be able to purchase the hair extensions that suit your needs perfectly.
Whether hair extensions are made of natural hair or synthetic fiber, there is a product for every purpose and budget. Although these products require a little bit of maintenance to keep them looking healthy, the final result that you’ll achieve is well worth the effort. If you’ve always dreamed of wearing hair extensions, now is your opportunity.
If you enjoyed reading this guide, we encourage you to share it on your social networks and leave us a comment below.
(Source of featured image: Aliaksandr Barouski: 83437328/ 123rf.com)