How we pick our products
They say you’re never fully dressed without a smile. This is completely true, and a smile is one of the best ways to show someone how friendly you are. It is the best part of every outfit. It is also very important to keep up with your teeth and to make sure they are sparkling clean so that your smile looks flawless. If this sounds interesting to you, an electric toothbrush is a must. You will notice that this item cleans your teeth faster than a regular toothbrush. Not sure where to start? No worries! We are here to help.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Electric Toothbrushes on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Electric Toothbrushes
- 3.1 Is an electric toothbrush better than a traditional toothbrush?
- 3.2 What are the pros and cons of using an electric toothbrush?
- 3.3 How does an electric toothbrush work?
- 3.4 How do I use an electric toothbrush?
- 3.5 How often should I replace the headpiece of my electric toothbrush?
- 3.6 How do I clean my electric toothbrush?
- 3.7 Can children use an electric toothbrush?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Good oral hygiene is key to keeping your teeth and gums clean and properly working for years and years to come. You can also take certain vitamins like vitamin C to keep your teeth healthy.
- Many independent studies in the past few years have shown that electric toothbrushes are much more effective at removing bacterial plaque that builds up on teeth.
- When purchasing an electric toothbrush, there are certain factors that you need to keep in mind to make the best choice. We will go over these factors at the end of the article in the section titled “Shopping Criteria.” Still interested? Stay tuned.
Our Selection: The Best Electric Toothbrushes on the U.S. Market
Now that these items are much more popular on the market, there are many different options based on your budget and preferences. This is great but can also be a bit confusing and frustrating as there are so many to choose from. If you find yourself in this situation, don’t worry. We have created a list of our favorite electric toothbrushes on the U.S. market. Each product comes with a link that will take you directly to Amazon where you can read about the item in more detail and compare prices and ratings.
- Best Simple Electric Toothbrush
- Best Sonic Electric Toothbrush
- Best Electric Toothbrush for Children
- Best Battery Powered Electric Toothbrush
Best Simple Electric Toothbrush
The first item on our list is the choice for you if you are looking for a simple electric toothbrush that gets the job done. This toothbrush is clinically proven to eliminate up to 300% more plaque on your gums than a traditional toothbrush! You can’t go wrong with this model.
Best Sonic Electric Toothbrush
The second item on our list is a sonic electric toothbrush that can remove up to 7 times more plaque when compared to a traditional toothbrush. It also has a pressure sensor and a timer that will both help you to brush your teeth properly.
Best Electric Toothbrush for Children
Do you want to teach your kids about oral hygiene? Then, this cute “Frozen” themed toothbrush is the perfect choice for you. This electric toothbrush comes with extra soft bristles and an ergonomic design that makes it easy for children to use.
Best Battery Powered Electric Toothbrush
If you are more of the traditional type and prefer batteries to charge your toothbrush, the last item on our list is the toothbrush for you. You won’t have to worry about charging this product as you can just put new batteries in it and use it right away.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Electric Toothbrushes
Dental health is super important. We all know that it is important to brush your teeth at least two times a day. It will surprise you how many people do not know how to properly brush their teeth and this can hurt their teeth and gums. In the following section, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions from buyers like you. Let’s go.
Is an electric toothbrush better than a traditional toothbrush?
This data does not necessarily imply that you can’t get good results with a normal toothbrush. However, electric toothbrushes are easier to use effectively. In any case, it is a fact that a wide percentage of the population does not know how to brush their teeth correctly with a traditional toothbrush.
What are the pros and cons of using an electric toothbrush?
How does an electric toothbrush work?
How do I use an electric toothbrush?
- First of all, attach the headpiece.
- Wet the bristles and apply any toothpaste.
- Put the toothbrush into your mouth and make sure to reach every tooth, even the molars. Do not apply too much pressure.
- After two minutes, take the toothbrush out of your mouth.
- Take the mouthpiece off of the tool and make sure to rinse it thoroughly. You should also wash it at least once a week. We will teach you how to clean an electric toothbrush later on in the article
How often should I replace the headpiece of my electric toothbrush?
How often you change the headpiece of your electric toothbrush will also depend on the brand of the product and how often you brush your teeth, which should be at least two times a week. It is a good idea to buy a pack of mouthpieces. This will save you time and money.
How do I clean my electric toothbrush?
It is a good idea to soak the mouthpieces every once in a while in mouth wash or water mixed with tablets for cleaning dentures. It is important to note that cold or room-temperature water is usually not enough to remove all of the toothpaste. Therefore, it is important to wash the mouthpieces at least once a week with hot or warm water.
Can children use an electric toothbrush?
However, we do recommend that you supervise your little ones as they use this product. It is a great idea to brush your teeth together with your children, as kids often imitate their parents. This is an amazing way for your children to learn about oral hygiene.
If you have reached this section of the article, you are probably still thinking about purchasing an electric toothbrush. This is excellent news and a great step in improving your oral hygiene. You have learned a lot about these products, but there are still a few shopping criteria that you should keep in mind while making your purchase:
When you are getting ready to buy your new electric toothbrush, it is important to think about the mouthpieces that you will need. There is a huge variety of different toothbrushes on the U.S. market, and each model has its own type of mouthpiece. So, it is important to buy extra mouthpieces, if they don’t already come with your toothbrush, from the same brand. Make sure that they are compatible.
You will find that various models of electric toothbrushes can be charged differently. Some are rechargeable, while others use replaceable batteries, although this type is becoming less common. If you buy a toothbrush that needs to be plugged in, you will have to charge it in a plug before you use it. Toothbrushes that use batteries give you the freedom of being able to use the toothbrush wherever you want, as long as you have batteries. The modern versions of these products come with a base that can charge the toothbrush.
Most electric toothbrushes that you can currently find on the market come with additional characteristics that do more than just clean your teeth. These functions will make your experience even better. Here is a list of functions that your electric toothbrush may include:
- Timer: Some electric toothbrushes come with a timer that will let you know with a vibration when you have been brushing for two minutes.
- Alarm: This alarm will go off every 30 seconds to remind you to brush evenly throughout your mouth.
- Pressure sensor: This function helps you avoid putting too much pressure on your teeth.
- Cleaning modes: These different modes will help you clean your teeth thoroughly.
- Screen: Electric toothbrushes often come with a small screen that will tell you which cleaning mode you are on or how long you have been brushing.
- Bluetooth and applications: Some modern versions of this product can be connected to your smartphone through Bluetooth.
The structure of your electric toothbrush is also an important factor to consider when making your purchase. You need to buy one that has a design that you like and that will be easy to use. It should have an ergonomic, anti-slip handle that makes it easy to hold.
Make sure that both the toothbrush and its charging base are sturdy and of good quality. You can always read the comments and reviews of other users. This product should come with extra mouthpieces and some models even come with a piece that allows you to hang the toothbrush up on the wall so that it takes up less space.
Some electric toothbrushes come with additional accessories like a case that you can use to transport the item or extra mouthpieces. If you get a simple model, you can rest assured that it will be able to clean your teeth correctly and easily, but it is nice to have some extra parts.
However, Keep in mind that the more accessories that an electric toothbrush set offers, the more expensive it will be. If you are not on a restrictive budget, you may want to even consider purchasing a toothbrush that comes with an extra case, mouthpieces, or even an irrigation system, which will shoot water between your teeth to keep them as clean as possible.
Oral hygiene is extremely important for everyone. Nobody wants to have bad breath or acquire any oral diseases like gingivitis. Also, as we said at the beginning of this article, you are never fully dressed without a smile. So, keep that smile squeaky clean to show off to the whole world. You now have valuable information and we are confident that you are ready to make the right choice. So, go out and get your electric toothbrush. What are you waiting for?
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about electric toothbrushes. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Have you tried using this item? Tell us about your experience; we want to hear from you. Thank you so much.
(Source of featured image: Sergey Kolesnikov: 57045204/ 123rf.com)